When we talk about “Eventpedia”, “Avodigy”, “Leadpedia”, “Memberpedia”, “Badgepedia”, “Checkinpedia”, “we,” “our,” or “us” in this policy, we are referring to Avodigy LLC, the company which provides the App and the App Services. When we talk about the “App” or “App Services” in this policy, we are referring to our mobile apps and event platform. Our Services are currently available for use via a web browser or web applications specific to your desktop or mobile device.
- We take your information seriously.
- We may collect some of your information, but you control how much you share with Eventpedia.
- We do not collect information from children under 13 years of age.
- We will not sell or lease your personal information, but we may share with our vendors and suppliers in connection with the services you are seeking.
- In certain legal situations, we may be compelled to disclose your personal information, but you will be promptly notified before this occurs.
- If you are outside the United States, you understand and agree to have your information and property stored within the United States.
- The rights and options available to users will be explicitly stated.
What We Collect
What Is “Personal Identifiable Information” (or PII)?
(PII) stands for Personally Identifiable Information is any data that can be used to distinguish one person from another, direct or indirect identifiers, and can be used for de-anonymizing anonymous information.
What personal data might we collect or ask for?
Only personal data that you provide in the app or the data that the event host provides to us through registration of the event, or through the event hosts membership systems, event systems, CRM systems, or any system of record that the event hosts use to track their users might be requested or collected.
The event host or Avodigy may ask for this data in order for you to get the most out of the app and other Eventpedia products, beyond browsing, or for the purposes disclosed to you at the time such PII is collected. The information is up to you to enter, and share is entirely up to you.
When using the App and other Eventpedia products, you may provide us with personal data — personal data includes all personally identifiable information (PII) and data that directly or indirectly identifies you (such as your name, email address, login, phone number and address). You control how much information you provide to us. In some circumstances, we may receive this data from the event organizer so we can pre-populate certain fields in the App. To benefit from or gain access to the app, you may be required to provide us with your email, username, and password.
When using the App, you can also decide to create social profiles that display your name, job title, company, links to your social profiles (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and LinkedIn) and activity. In addition, you can fill out a text form “About Me” or a similar designated area that allows you to provide additional information about yourself, as well as respond to posts, comments, survey/poll responses and any other App related functions or features that may be available to you. It is up to you how much additional information you want to share with us, the event organizer, and other attendees, and to the public.
An event organizer may provide us with data related to the conference agendas, attendee lists, exhibitor lists, sponsor list, and speak lists. We collect limited personal data from you through your use of our App or Website. The only personal data we actively collect from you, beyond which you have provided is through your registration or app login, would be non-personally identical data such as your mobile device ID #, operating system, browser type, carrier provider, language, geographic region, device type, screen size, and the date/time of your visit to the App or Website, as well as information about your ISP, referring URL, the search term that led you to the mobile site or mobile app, and the type of content you view.
For what purpose do we process your personal data?
Besides the reasons above, we might process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To diagnose and fix issues within our products.
- To respond to queries or requests submitted by you.
- To administer or carry out our obligations in relation to any agreement you have with us.
- To provide you with information about the event that you are attending.
- To enable App features such as “check-ins”, surveys/polls, push notifications, private in chat messaging, agenda sessions, exhibitors, recommendations, speakers, and locations.
- To pre-populate App fields such as conference agendas, attendee lists, exhibitor lists and location information.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality.
- For analytics and market research purposes to improve our services, develop new products, and launch services for other purposes.
- To send emails or push notifications in relation to the event.
- To process complaints and handle disputes.
- To anticipate and resolve problems with any products or services supplied to you.
- To comply with any applicable law and assist law enforcement agencies under any applicable law, when NCPA/Eventpedia/Avodigy has a good faith belief that Avodigy cooperation with the law enforcement agencies is legally mandated or meets the applicable legal standards and procedures.
With whom might we share your personal data?
Our principle is that we do not share your personal data with third parties unless we have a good reason to do so. These are common cases of sharing data:
- Attendees – In addition, other users of the App will be able to see limited information such as your profile, contact info you share, and social sharing activity. Apart from your first and last name and company, we do not actively share your personal data within the app. As an attendee, you have the option to remove or update your contact info. Attendees can be classified as Users, Sponsors, Exhibitors, Speakers, or Staff.
- Exhibitors – We may share your information with exhibitors if you allow the exhibitor to scan your contact information at the event, if you click consent on a pop-up box in the App, or if you click to consent to receive exhibitor offers tailored to you.
- Our Service Providers – We engage our trusted third-party service providers for push notification services, email hosting, server hosting, and analytics providers to help us analyze and improve our Services.
- Compliance with applicable law – We may share information in its possession with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will access and disclose any Personal Information collected to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Avodigy or Eventpedia or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
What Isn’t Personal Information?
The information we gather from your app or website activity that doesn’t identify you personally could be: your IP address (since we do not relate PII data to your IP address), device ID #, operating system, browser type, carrier provider, language, geographic region, device type, screen size, and the date/time of your visited the app, as well as information about your ISP, referring URL, the search term that led you to the mobile site or mobile app, and the type of content you view. We may use standard Internet tools, such web analytic tools or cookies, which collect non-PII, track your use of our website, and how you use Avodigy.
Do I Have a Choice?
Yes — while you’re not required to provide PII to access the mobile apps, some of our features may not be available to you if you choose not to create an account with us or, at other times, not to provide requested information. If you would like to be removed from a list provided to us to pre-populate lists in the app, please contact the event host first or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be removed.
Do We Use Analytics?
We may provide some non-personal information to our service providers who help us understand how you use the mobile app. Avodigy actively protects your usage anonymity and does not distribute personally identifiable information when analyzing data habits.
For example, Avodigy may record the frequency and scope of your use of the mobile app, the duration of your sessions, information about the device on which you have installed the Application, the pages that you visited via the mobile app, information that you have read, content that you reviewed or created, profiles that you viewed or clicked, your contact with other users and third parties, the IP address and the name of the domain that serve you to access the mobile device if online, and the geographic region of the mobile device or system that you are using to access the mobile app. Other data includes your device ID #, operating system, browser type, carrier provider, language, device type, screen size, and the date/time of you visited the app, as well as information about your ISP, referring URL, the search term that led you to the mobile site or mobile app, and the type of content you view.
We also use web beacons to help deliver cookies and gather usage and performance data. Our websites may include web beacons and cookies from third-party service providers.
You have a variety of tools to control cookies, web beacons and similar technologies, including browser controls to block and delete cookies and controls from some third-party analytics service providers to opt out of data collection through web beacons. Your browser and other choices may impact your experiences with our products.
Public and Social Information
There are some features you may choose to use within the app which may be public through the app.
Please note that the login you choose will be used to identify you when you use the mobile app. Your name or username might be included along with any information you submit for posting. Here are some examples:
Comments, photos, and videos which you submit or comment on are considered public information and may be copied or further distributed by others. If you submit any personal or PII for display in public areas, other people who visit the mobile app may see it. Alternatively, if the option exists, you might want to disable the location settings on your camera or phone.
Connecting with social media:
If you link your Eventpedia account to sign into your account through third-party social networking sites, such as Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn, or third-party social media plug-ins and applications, you are allowing us to have access to both PII and non-PII from your social media profile. That PII may be publicly viewed and may possibly be used by other members of these sites. Users will be able to log out of their third-party social networking sites from within the app at any time.
Attendees, Speakers, Sponsors, and Exhibitors Listing:
The event host may provide us a list that we use to populate what attendees are in attendance, what sponsors are sponsoring, exhibitors that are exhibiting, and what speakers are speaking. The data provided by the event host is used to prepopulate the app such as the conference agendas, session speakers, attendee lists, speaker list, exhibitor lists, and sponsors list. Not being listed will not allow others to network or connect with you at the event. Attendees, Speakers, Sponsors, and Exhibitors can contact the event host to be removed from lists within the app.
If our apps contain links to integrations with other sites, whose information practices may be different than ours, then before you click through to another site, you should read that site’s privacy notice, since we have no control over and take no responsibility for information that is submitted to or collected by other sites.
Is There Anything Else I Need to Know?
13 and Up
If you are under the age of 13, we’re sorry, but you can’t register on our app. Avodigy will never knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, his or her parent or guardian may contact us for the purpose of deleting this information at email@example.com.
Changing Our Policy
Avodigy is not responsible for situations in which an end user misplaces their mobile device, shares their login credentials with third parties, or chooses to post information to third party networks such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Avodigy reserves the right to transfer Personal Information to any successor in interest to the Avodigy business.
While Avodigy has security measures to help protect the information under our control:
- Avodigy tries to protect your personal information and ensure the security of your communications on our systems by maintaining physical, organizational, and technological safeguards (appropriate to the sensitivity of such information) designed to protect it against unauthorized use, disclosure, or access of the personal information we collect on our mobile apps. However, we cannot ensure or warrant that any information you transmit to us will stay safe and secure and you do so at your own risk.
- Your information may be stored in whole or in part on equipment or in facilities leased or licensed from others. Although Avodigy tries to keep your information safe, it relies on the statements of those vendors regarding the safety and security of their storage equipment and services as part of its evaluation. By using our mobile apps, you agree that Avodigy is not responsible if the storage equipment and services provided by others aren’t working like they are supposed to.
Retention and Deletion
We keep your personal information only so long as we need it for the purposes for which it was collected, for the products and services that you are using, or to meet any legal requirements. We have retention standards, which meet these requirements. We destroy your personal information when it is no longer needed.
Eventpedia.com Website Visitors
This section describes the information that we may collect from our Website Visitors. To the extent you are an Eventpedia Customer or an Eventpedia End User and visit the Site or use one of our Apps, this Section may apply to you as well.
- If you contact us by email or by filling-out a form, we may keep a record of information you provide, such as contact information and correspondence.
- We may collect Usage Data reflecting your behavior on the Site.
- We may use session and persistent cookies, both first-party and third-party, to collect information about your visits to the Site.
- For marketing campaigns collected through the website, you will have the ability to be removed from future email marketing campaigns.
- Remove personal information that you have already sent the event host or posted within the app so that you can correct or update it or delete your personal information from our files. In most cases this can be updated by you the user.
- If your child under 13 has sent us personal information, delete that personal information from our files.
- If you believe that your privacy has been compromised by any person.
You may send any question regarding the NCPA Event app, or website directly to the NCPA via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to 13215 Birch Drive, Suite 200, Omaha, NE 68164. For specific event app functionality or specific issues, contact Eventpedia/Avodigy by email at email@example.com or mail at 7927 Jones Branch Drive, Suite 3125, Mclean, VA 22102.